Monday, February 14, 2005

Week 1 recap

Just a quick recap of my first week or so in Richmond. Why am I in Richmond? Because I've been sent here, along with Carolyn and Mas, to work for about 3 months. We drove down in January over two days (12 hours of travelling). When we got to Richmond, we met up with people from my company's German office: Michael and Eberhard. Another guy from my company, Mugurel, joined us later that week from Dallas.

Work was hectic the first week, as we were learning as we went, and had to work around 10 hour days. But that weekend we managed to go to Wintergreen Ski Resort for some skiing and snowboarding. Boarding is so much fun, and a great workout too. I also learned some German that day: meine arscht tut vey (that's a phonetical spelling of course).


Appalachian Mountains Posted by Hello

The following day, Eberhard (Ebs) made some fine German food for us.


Me, Ebs, Carolyn, Mugurel, and Mas. Posted by Hello

That's about it for the first week. Stay tuned for... Week 2!

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, February 15, 2005, Blogger Ryan said...

Looks like Mas decided that the German food needed a little spicing w/ some of his famous hot-sauce. I am jelous...you got to go boarding. I'm stuck in a country w/o any snow. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home